Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Sorry guys, the camera is pretty much toast. It takes pictures but they are tinted orange and always blurry. I will have to call the company that makes our model this week to see if it will be cheaper to send it to them to repair or just buy a new one. BUMMER!

Today is Mother's Day and Mark helped the kids make me cards and (being the English major) wrote a beautiful one to me as well. It reminded me that the kids will only be small for a short time in the grand scheme of things and no matter how much it frustrates me to try and make dinner with Anne pulling on my pant leg begging to be held...someday soon, she won't. Feeling a bit nostalgic I pulled up the old photo folders on my computer expecting somewhat of a good cry, but I really was so filled with joy! I am so excited to see what they aspire to and what they will become! So I am crying now, literally. Maybe it's because the camera is broken or maybe it's residual from watching P.S. I Love You a while ago, none the less it's ok. I'll regroup and tomorrow will be another day!

We moved our furniture around in our bedroom and Mark so lovingly moved things around in our "garage" AKA "storage" so that I can do projects out there. YAY ME!!! There's an electrical outlet out there so if I want to use power tools or my sewing machine, I'm in business! It was hard work but that's what I wanted for Mother's Day, well that, new bed sheets and supplies to make cement hand/feet prints of the kids. Can I get an AMEN to practical!?!

Hope you are well, thanks for checking in on us!
-Joy

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. It's always something isn't it!! Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for reminding me about them growing up so fast. I also get frusterated at "baby" stuff, but I have to remember that someday these things will only be memories. Boo Hoo. Now I am going to start getting misty eyed!