Saturday, May 3, 2008

Aw MAN!!!!

Well, sorry to say but no pics in this post. It's already May and Nathan will be 3 before we know it! I have planned a party at our local "Out of This World Pizza" and play space. They have a giant space themed play structure as well as bounce house and other kid safe, fun stuff to do! I would have loved to snap a few photos of the kids today... Anne took her clip out of her hair, well at least partially, and she had a pony hawk sticking straigt off the top of her head, hilarious! Nathan was being hysterical cracking jokes yesterday but I couldn't capture that either. The problem lies with me... I decided to clean up things yesterday before a trip to the zoo and I washed the kids' back pack. Feeling quite proud that I was able to accomplish such a cleaning frenzy in just a few minutes, I plopped the pack in the dryer. It felt a tad heavy for just the pack, upon this sentiment I quickly realized I had just sent my chapstick, lipgloss, library card and our 6 month old digital camera through the light wash cycle in the washing machine and was about to put it in the dryer as well. I hung my head in disgust and disappointment, called Mark, out at the play structure in our complex, and explained what happened. ( I have to say though that this is a HUGE improvement in behavior for me... a few months ago I would have taken it outside and smashed it to bits!) He decided to leave the heat lamp on in the kids' bathroom and put the camera in there hoping it will dry out. Yesterday, the lens and flash were still pretty foggy, but it's looking pretty clear today. Hopefully it will dry out without rust or damage to other components and work again although I'm not confident it will.
It's our anniversary tomorrow, 6 years! Maybe we'll get a new digital camera... Not funny quite yet. Thanks for dropping in and hopefully there will be pics in the posts very soon!
-Joy

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope that the camera recovers.

LP said...

Happy Anniversary!! 6 years...awesome. keep us updated on the camera...I hope it works out. I would have LOVED to see Ann's crazy hair!

LP said...

okay...I have no idea why I spelled Anne's name wrong in my last post...I think I got carried away b/c I actually remembered my Google login.

Anyways..sorry for spelling her name wrong.