The beginning of this week was cold-ish and rainy. Thursday, however, was the first day of our HEAT WAVE!!! It was 88 Thursday, 96 Friday and I don't know what the high was today but we are LOVING it!!!
We had a play date on Friday AM where the kids got to play in the sprinkler at our friend's Lacy (mom) and Talen's (friend) house. Lacy had a pair of clippers, and having started a terrible hair cut with Nathan that same morning, I decided to ask her to buzz his hair. I was worried that he would throw a mounting terrible fit as he has done with ALL of his previous cuts, but this time, he was LAUGHING! He had a great time! He is turning into such a little boy!
He went potty in his first public restroom today and got a Tootsie Pop as a treat. This evening I asked him to get a bed time book as I do every night. He stood by the book box for a minute and I said, "What's wrong buddy?" and he said, "I'm just thinking." Then he said, "Eat some lunch?" I cracked up. He ate the rest of his dinner and we read a book after. He is now in bed, until the morning I hope! He's also a really great helper. He can put his dishes, and often Anne's too, in the sink after dinner!
We went to the Saturday Market here in Hillsboro bright and early this morning to get the starter plants for our garden. We got cucumber, red and yellow bell peppers, snap peas, green beans and a tomato plant. Here's hoping we actually get some veggies! We also went to Target to get a water table to play in. Wow, had I known this would be hours of entertainment I would have purchased one long ago!!! Just teasing. They really do enjoy it though. Anne only got to enjoy it for about an hour because of her nap.
Anne is doing really great! I think she had gained a couple pounds this last month, well she's growing out of her clothes anyway, which should make the doctor happy! She's the queen of "stop-it." She will start a stop-it argument with Nathan every time she gets the chance. Mark jokingly said last week that he thinks she was born to argue, ha! "Stop-it" which generally sounds like "top-it!" is her new favorite phrase, about everything. I'll say, "Anne, do you want a snack?" Her reply, "Top-it." Sometimes it's applicable, sometimes not.
Since the heat arrived I have been hit like a ton of bricks with allergies and NOTHING I do or take helps!!! I love the heat and can't wait for these allergies to blow away so I can have some energy back!
No word on the camera, I have to send it in for a "repair estimate" and then we will have to go from there, BOOOO!
Thanks for checking in on us!
-Kiddletts & Joy
1 comment:
Okay...we haven't had any heat like that yet in Richmond and I'm kinda glad! Summer will be here soon enough, so I'm still enjoying the upper 70's and low humidity. I wish I could see a picture of Nathan's hair! I bet it's cute though.
Praying the camera repair is cheap...LP
Post a Comment