Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island, eventhough it had been raining for the previous 3 days and continued to rain this morning! It was a now or not kind of thing since Mark's swim schedule is starting to Heat up, forgive the pun.
I couldn't coerce the kids to put their faces in the big pumpkin, so I did instead!

In the animal barn... chickens and roosters, LOUD ones, pigs, bunnies, sheep, a goat & a llama... none of which are pictured I don't think.



Anne unsure of the hayride to come and a little bothered still by the roosters crowing.

The MUDDY patch...

Nathan unsure of the MUD.

Riding on the hay ride, yes it was raining.

Anne & me riding on the hay ride.

Me holding Anne in the muddy patch, neither she or Nathan would get down and walk around... which actually made things easier when we got back to the car! Less mess!

Everywhere that's brown is slick, gooey mud!

Nathan, very upset that he's standing in mud.

Much happier now that he's back on the hay ride!

Now, had I known that ALL we had to do was go to the produce market and pick up softball sized pumpkins 2 for $1.25, we may have skipped the whole mud adventure. Take a close look at my jeans, I was by far the dirtiest! Here are the kids happy with their "tiny" pumpkins.

Nathan pointing out the fresh veggies, he really wanted a jalapeno pepper! He kept saying, "What is it mommy, what is it?" I told him it was a pepper & too spicy for him... he says spikey for spicy and spicy for spikey... so he says, "Oh, too spikey." Anne picked a fresh carrot to take along on the car ride home.

Nathan showing off his tiny pumpkin.

Anne enjoying her farm fresh carrot... man it was sweet!

Eventhough our kids hated the mud, we had a great time with it. The funnest part was the extra pound of mud on each of our shoes! We kept trying to wash it off, unsuccesfully of course. Mark and I loved going out into the mud bog and the kids love their tiny pumpkins (the larger ones acquired in the pumpkin bog go unnoticed outside) and wanted to sleep with them tonight. We vetoed that just for safety sake. All in all, it was a great trip. I might go to the Roloff Farm later in the month (the one from Little People, Big World) to try another experience. Nathan will go with his class the week after next. So by the end of October, they will have had their fill of pumpkins!
Thanks for checking in on us!
Love Mark, Joy, Nathan & Anne
1 comment:
It looks like you had a good time. We may have to take Isha to the pumpkin patch this year. I just hope it is dry when we go!
Post a Comment