Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch (round 2)

Well, since our first visit to the patch was a little muddy and our pumpkins were tiny, I decided to try another patch on a much drier day... the kids got to ride the barrel tractor, pet some animals, slide down a giant slide, ride the hayride and picked tiny gourds (so much for a bigger more carveable pumpkin this year). I picked a small-ish sized pumpkin to carve & make pumpkin seeds.
Barrel ride, notice all the parents hanging out & walking along the side! Nathan could have ridden the thing all day, Anne on the other hand was happy to get out.

The big slide... we all 3 went down together.
Nathan, much happier on this hayride..."It's a sunny day!"

Here they are at the petting portion... this farm had calves, cows, llamas, a donkey, pigs chickens, turkeys and goats. Anne's face here, pretty much sums up her feelings about the animals. Nathan was very interested in the animals. Here he is with the goat,
petting the pigs,
and checking out the llamas. He just might be our little FFA or 4-H guy!
This farm also has a little John Deer for the kids to climb on. Here they are, "riding" along.
This WAS Anne's pumpkin before she decided to trade for a tiny gourd.
The only animal Anne was interested in was the donkey eating the pumpkin...she thought this was hilarious.
"Look, mama! He eat the pumpkin!"

Another successful trip to the pumpkin patch and I think I'm over it now. You'd think that one was enough, right? In the end, I decided, mud and all, the other patch is my favorite!!!!
Thanks for checking in on us!
-Kidletts





1 comment:

Jen said...

You were brave to try it again.