Friday, July 27, 2012

Today was our first Occupational Therapy visit.  The goal of today's meeting (and next week) is to further evaluate and better understand Nathan's needs and skill deficits.  Then we will be able to start working toward solutions and skills.  Our therapist is awesome and did great with Nathan!  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers as we continue the evaluation journey!

In other news... Annie has learned to ride a two wheeler!!!!  I took them both on a bike ride through a local park recently... oops, too soon.  I didn't take into consideration that Annie hasn't been on her bike that long and has trouble staying on a paved area, nor did I think about the "trail" being in the woods and somewhat secluded.  Annie was running into the bushes left and right and Nathan was sure we were lost in the woods forever!  I think we'll stick to the neighborhood a little while longer.  It was a little more of a physical, emotional and patience challenge than any of us were up for, ha!

It's the first night of the Olympics and I am thinking about planning our own family Olympic watching night, complete with some USA treats.  I don't know what this party will look like but the dollar store can usually provide some inspiration! I'd better get on that! I only have a few hours left!

No comments: