Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's official! It's SUMMER!!!

We are finally in the true season of summer and June 21st was a beautiful day here. Today was a bit milder and not so much on the sunny side, but we made it past the 70 degree mark and we are not complaining!
It will take me a while to acclimate back to this side of the country! Mark and the kids seem to have no problem with this matter! I too have been the one to suddenly contract allergies out here. They all had them in Virginia, so I guess 1 out of the 4 of us is better than 3 of the 4!!! Sudafed usually does the trick anyway!

We have been busy figuring out our summer schedules. I got a job working at Sylvan Learning Center for the summer months and possibly into the Fall as well. Presently I only work until noon which leaves a lot of the day left for FUN! Mark's summer swim schedule started last week and we get a sizable break together between his morning and afternoon practices.

Mark and I started a 90 day workout program and have been able (for the most part) to get our workout in during our afternoons. It's been challenging to make dietary, caloric and activity changes all in one week! When we make it through we may post our before & after photos to see if we did any good, ha!

Ok, enough of the chit-chat, I know what you really want are the photos!!!
Here goes:

Just like any other little girl, she loves mommy's shoes:
Fixing the piano/writing desk:
Conducting "big business"as Mark says on the calculator phone...
Playing at the water table on a cloudy day, why not?
The latest craze in toddler hats, it's the classic plastic pitcher look.
"Little Miss SmARGHty Pants"
Um, when did Gilligan get off the island?
The first time Nathan would wear both the pirate hat & eye patch...
"Captain No Beard"
I got Anne's hair into pig tails & was SO excited that I took a picture!
Nathan at the water table on a suitably warm day... pouring water on his head of course.
Nathan "growing" or what I would call watering our mini-garden. We actually have real snap peas forming! I think we may have a load of green beans to share with our friends. Hopefully we'll have some bell peppers and cucumbers too. I have given up on the tomato plants. I bought two plants, each meeting a different demise. Number one: eaten alive or stripped alive by either birds or malicious neighbors. Number Two: enjoying the sun on the ledge of our patio when a gust of wind tossed it off snapping the stem 1/2 inch (literally) from the soil. I planted the stalk and remaining bits of the plants but it doesn't look good for the tomatoes this year. Maybe next year?
Thanks for checking in on us! Nathan and Anne both have check ups at the Dr this week so I'll post their results...
Love, the kidletts, Mark & Joy



1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the pig tails and Nathan looks so cute as a pirate! Congrats on the job. It sounds like you are going to have a great summer!